Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Requesting footage from TG4

Options
  • 19-11-2014 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Hope someone can help me here (sorry if posted in the wrong section, first post).

We want to go about requesting footage from TG4 of the Seo Spóirt tv show- has anyone gone about this before? Is it possible to get shows from TG4?

Have been onto the production company and they said that only TG4 have the shows in their libraries and I need to go through them but not getting much information back- have been told to email and have left a voice message etc.

Its quite urgent so basically I'm just looking here to see if I am flogging a dead horse or if it's a possibility?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,616 ✭✭✭squonk

I'd say keep hassling them. At the most extreme, get your ass down to Baile na hAbhann and ask to get put in touch directly with the proper people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Hi Guys,

Hope someone can help me here (sorry if posted in the wrong section, first post).

We want to go about requesting footage from TG4 of the Seo Spóirt tv show- has anyone gone about this before? Is it possible to get shows from TG4?

Have been onto the production company and they said that only TG4 have the shows in their libraries and I need to go through them but not getting much information back- have been told to email and have left a voice message etc.

Its quite urgent so basically I'm just looking here to see if I am flogging a dead horse or if it's a possibility?

Thanks in advance.

It's not as straightforward as you may think.

You will will need to give them all the details - broadcast date and time; the timing in the programme you need (how far in etc.);what format you need it in DigBeta, DVD or whatever, and what you need it for.

If it is for a non-commercial thing thing they may just charge you for copying the footage to DVD if they have the rights and the inclination to.

If it is for a commercial project they will charge you the full rates per minute etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies in the meantime they had gotten back to me.

It is possible and it is a service they provide, but it is very expensive, even for non commercial reasons.

Thanks for your help!

Advertisement