Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Spanish red wine - in Spain.

Options
  • 19-11-2014 1:40pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've a pal driving a truck in Spain currently who can bring back a couple of cases of decent red wine.

Any suggestions on where to buy other than the local supermarket?

I'd be tempted go for some Marques de Riscal.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Depends where he is. There's many a bodega in Spain.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I was thinking of a hypermarket or similar really. A national brand of wine too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

Do you want good wine or cheap wine? For quality wine at a good price you're better off buying from a bodega itself rather than a hypermarket.

In Spain wine is very regional. In each area the wine sold will generally be from that region. Of course in the big cities you get wine from everywhere.

Best bet would be to try some wines from different regions and you'll find one you love eventually

Advertisement