Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobseekers benefit

Options
  • 19-11-2014 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I'm going to submit a claim for jobseekers benefit as I have recently become unemployed. As it is not means tested, should I include my spouse's earnings? I know that Jobseeker's Allowance is means tested, is the information simply ignored for jobseekers benefit or should that section be left blank?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 kendoi

hi anon4thistime,

You are right about the JB not being means tested for you, as the main claimant.

However, your spouse/partners income could affect any Qualified Adult payment you receive for them. So the answer is yes, you should tell Social Welfare they are working and how much they earn. Your spouse will need to supply proof of income/earnings from their employer... they might look for a p60 or other documents including payslips.

I got this from the INOU website:

'If your adult dependant is earning €100 or less you will get the maximum payment for them. If he or she is earning between €100 and €310 you will get a reduced rate of payment

If your adult dependant is earning more than €310 you will not get an increase in your Jobseeker’s Benefit for your adult dependant.'

You might be able to get more information on this from the INOU - do a search on Google for them.

Hope you find this useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

If your spouse is in receipt of €300 gross pw then you will not receive any payment for them. You dont state if you have children or not. If you do and spouses gross earnings are less then €400 pw then you will receive some payment for them.

Advertisement