Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JSB unpaid leave

Options
  • 18-11-2014 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi Can you help me with that matter. I ve been working for Ryanair since 2012, until now, I would like to apply for jobseekers benefit, there is need to have at least 104 weeks worked which I did....my colleague received message that she is not allowed to receiv anything, how it could be possible after almost 3 years working not be allowed to receive allowance during her Unpaid leave. Thank you for help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

rekreant wrote: »
    Hi Can you help me with that matter. I ve been working for Ryanair since 2012, until now, I would like to apply for jobseekers benefit, there is need to have at least 104 weeks worked which I did....my colleague received message that she is not allowed to receiv anything, how it could be possible after almost 3 years working not be allowed to receive allowance during her Unpaid leave. Thank you for help

You should query the decision to refuse with Welfare. It may be that the 104 weeks have to be accrued before a certain date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 avvocato

Hi rekreant,

Entitlement to jobseekers benefit is not solely reliant on PRSI contributions.

There are a number of other considerations such as reasons for leaving work/claiming payment, Genuinely Seeking Work etc. that can affect entitlement to a payment.

Can you advise of the reasons / conditions for leaving... this might help?

You mention unpaid leave... this could be the problem.

DSP might consider that unpaid leave is not genuine unemployment.. in that the person is not genuinely seeking full-time employment, but just killing time until they return to work.

As Kristopherus said you can query the issue with welfare if the main problem is the number of PRSI contributions, but you could also lodge an appeal if you are unhappy with a social welfare decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

Its Jobseekers Benefit not extended break from work benefit. She doesn't fulfill the conditions for receipt of payment similar to how someone on unpaid maternity leave wouldn't.

Advertisement