Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC builder service, PC building

Options
  • 18-11-2014 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I have recently learned how to build computers and have really enjoyed building my own PC's and taking apart older computers from my local IT shop that are of no use, I would like to offer a free service over christmas for people to bring me and pick up their completed computers from me. I will take parts you've bought and put it together for those with no experience building PC's for free. This is so I can do what I enjoy doing. I am in college at the moment and so I want to build computers purely for my own interest so you don't have to worry about me breaking anything and not covering it, its only free because I love putting things together.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Ninjah Tigah

Well I would say three things;

1. How many computers have you built?
    2. Are they still functioning?
    3. Do you accept liability if you break a component due to mishandling?

It's all well and good offering the free service but if you break a component and are not willing to replace it then it's a definite no, regardless of it being free. I wouldn't trust anyone providing a service that's free if they are not accepting responsibility for whatever actions they may perform. That's just me though, others may have other opinions.

P.S: It's nice of you to offer to do this and don't think that I'm criticising you on that, merely pointing out a concern I would have if I was availing of the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Glad you are enthusiastic and all, but there's no cause to spam your message onto every thread you find!

I checked in (after only a couple of hours!) and thought half the country had decided to build a computer :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28 kmp1

Thanks for you concerns, I have built 6 computers that were pre-2005 and are harder to build than modern pc's are, I am very careful using components, aware of static discharge and inserting and removing the graphics cards (tech based on atari consoles back in the day) and ensuring tests are composed on it. Risks are breaking parts, but I have undisclosed finances extending beyond what I'm comfortable disclosing in public, ensure that compensations won't be an issue.

kmp1 wrote: »
    the squeaky wheel gets the oil!

Crude... A-Ha-Ha... Ha. *Walks away*

Edit:
    Crude Oil... Ha-ha-ha...

I heard it on newstalk today.

• Advertisement

Crude... A-Ha-Ha... Ha. *Walks away*

Edit:
    Crude Oil... Ha-ha-ha...

... I think it's clear your not in the top 1%...

kmp1 wrote: »
    ... I think it's clear your not in the top 1%...

Really? guy-opening-door.gif

First an Introduction is in order I believe.

I study at DKIT and have 5 days a week, I am a very good runner, but not professional level yet. I have shin splints so I can't run a lot now. So I'm doing computer building as a way of coping with the problem. I offered it free because it attains to my study. Maybe I should change the post to state this and responsibility for the damages if anything occurs?

I have a part-time job from 6-11pm doing domino's deliveries Thursday to Sunday and have an evening course from 7-9 pm in computer maintainance starting up in February at DKIT while working and studying my other course. I have to drive there every monday to friday about 30 miles one way so 30x2= 60x5 = 300 miles per week driving and plus whatever I do delivering pizzas.

This is the things that people outside the 1% aren't willing to do, and I'm offering a free service here, and I get this??

Oh, forgot to show you my other course I watch when I'm at home and watching through right now: https~://www~.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhQjrBD2T383Q2VtqEaQn8nZh-681av20

(remove the two ~ from the link, simple to bypass limitations on server algorithms.

Advertisement