Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job Seekers Allowance

Options
  • 18-11-2014 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I applied for JSA a few weeks ago, was means tested etc and brought in everything that they asked for. I rang today to check the status of my application and was told the deciding officer was finished with my file and sent it to the payments department and they would send out a letter soon...does this mean my application was approved? If so does it get back dated to when I first applied or from the date it was approved?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

Approved yes, and payment from the date you applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 kendoi

Hi Mobilemom,

Nomis21 is right... your payment is approved from the date you applied.

Just to say, if you received any supplementary welfare allowance payment from Social Welfare, what was known as the community welfare officer, while you were waiting on your payment to be processed it will be deducted from any arrears that you are owed.

So fi you got SWA for 4 weeks and they owe you 8 weeks on JA, the 4 weeks SWA will be deducted from the 8 weeks arrears. so you'll only get 4 weeks arrears in total.

Hope that makes sense

By the way, have you applied for a medical card? you might be entitled if your only income is Jobseekers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

You will receive a letter stating whether or not you will qualify for a payment and the amount. There is no way of knowing if after a means test that you will receive a payment. All this information will be on the letter that will issue. It not a case of has your claim been approved or not its a case of will you get payment and how much.

Advertisement