Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Med School Results

Options
  • 18-11-2014 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Right, I'm in 3rd undergrad at the moment and after doing pretty crap in another assignment, I'm just wondering how much your med school results affect my future. I know I work well under pressure, Im a good people person and I like hard work, just I cant seem to do well now. I'm just scraping by to be honest. If Im only able to scrape by the exams now, whats it going to be like in res years when the information is thrown at you from all over. Also, if I'm only passing now, will I have enough info so that I dont actually kill people when I am dealing with patients?!

Sorry about being a bit melodramatic, its just getting me a bit down when I see other people doing so much better than me and me working just as hard if not harder than some.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

Your finals count, don't worry about the pre-clinical years too much, unless you're looking for awards/scholarships. The result of degree you get goes towards your choice of Intern placement, but in most places (maybe all), the degree grades are only determined by the clinical years.

I didn't know Irish students called it "med school" though.. seems to be something that's spreading around from the North Americans in the classes. Most Irish people I know say they're in University, or college :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭LETS GET NAKED

They look at your results from the non clinical years if you're applying to the UK, might only be if you're applying to the foundation program though.

Advertisement