Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a phone - 200 to 300 euro

Options
  • 18-11-2014 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Im looking to buy a phone for my wife, mainly for browsing the web and taking photos, main requirements are:

1. Good screen, clear picture etc
    2. Good camera
    3. Decent battery life

€200-300 range. What would you recommend?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

sim free or on contract?
    the oneplus is a really nice phone. works out a lil over budget but overall she might like it, it is big though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

Here we go again - Moto G is the best phone up to about €300

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭kifi

Sorry, sim free. Is there anything else that I should consider in addition to the Moto G?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Well you are looking at for a decent enough camera, I dont think the moto g has that. the newer version might though. didnt seem it on mine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

For €300 you could buy a Moto G *and* a Moto E instore from Meteor, and they'd both lock to the network of the first SIM card inserted.

Palm the Moto E off on her and keep the Moto G for yourself. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭Icepick

Nexus 5 or OnePlus One are around 300

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TempAc

Could do this: ht tp://ww w.androidcentral.com/moto-x-2013-developer-edition-promotion-takes-price-down-230

32GB Moto X, 4G won't work here. but works out at about 250 euro including shipping and customs. Still a bargain.

Is t moto x better than the moto g ? I think I will get the moto x from Expansys.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TempAc

kifi wrote: »
    Is t moto x better than the moto g ? I think I will get the moto x from Expansys.ie

Considerably better.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

One Plus One, Xiaomi Mi3 and Nexus 5 all fit that
    *edit One Plus One is a little over budget but its the best phone sub €400 by a long shot

• Advertisement

One Plus One, Xiaomi Mi3 and Nexus 5 all fit that
    *edit One Plus One is a little over budget but its the best phone sub €400 by a long shot

What's the best way to order a one plus one? Sorry I see now, I've requested an invite.

How long does it take to arrive here, I'm in a rush to meet a birthday!!!

kifi wrote: »
    What's the best way to order a one plus one? Sorry I see now, I've requested an invite.

How long does it take to arrive here, I'm in a rush to meet a birthday!!!

Sign up to the newsletter and wait for a pre-sale, see if that comes before your invite.
    About 2 weeks AFAIK, they're under pressure from the first presale batch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭NotCominBack

Landvo200 as it happens I just happen to have one for sale, unopened for 100 bucks

Landvo200 as it happens I just happen to have one for sale, unopened for 100 bucks

Crap screen, crap battery and crap camera. You seem to be aiming to make a profit here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Gooser14

what about the Sony Xperia M2?

Gooser14 wrote: »
    what about the Sony Xperia M2?

Thanks. Reviews say camera is poor

Crap screen, crap battery and crap camera. You seem to be aiming to make a profit here too.

you seem to be talkin sh1t there pal - do you own one?

you seem to be talkin sh1t there pal - do you own one?

No but I know enough about phones to see a phone for 65 euro with those specs isn't very good for someone looking for actual quality. I take back the profit bit, I know nothing about what you paid for it

Op, Xiaomi Mi3 is about €290 here if you'd be interested, there's a thread on boards about it if you wanted to ask a fellow boardsie. (I own one too)

http://www.xiaomishop.com/71-xiaomi-3-mi-3-23ghz-quad-core-2gb-ram-16gb-rom-5-inch-ips-13mp-camera-black.html

Little more expensive than elsewhere but its got a 2-3 day delivery with no customs charges

No but I know enough about phones to see a phone for 65 euro with those specs isn't very good for someone looking for actual quality. I take back the profit bit, I know nothing about what you paid for it

Right so, you never owned one and don't know how much I paid for it, glad we cleared that up.

• Advertisement

Right so, you never owned one and don't know how much I paid for it, glad we cleared that up.

Yours is unopened as far as I recall? I was merely pointing out it's not to the standard Op requested

Advertisement