Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VM ware certification

Options
  • 18-11-2014 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭

Hey Peps, I'm a recent CS graduate who is working on a helpdesk atm, I'm half through the MCP server infrastructure and I'm now thinking about VM ware certification. I used VM ware quite a lot on college from workstation all the way up to vSphere 5.5.
    What certs can I do from online training, I realise some of the the more advanced one's you have to take a course but I'm just wondering if there are any decent one's I can do online and then sit the exams

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

You can do the VCAs. They aren't worth much though. they might fool HR in thinking they're credible certs

Best to sign up here for VCP training
    http://www.stanly.edu/continuing-education/computer-courses/vmware-vsphere.html

It cost $199 and when you pass the exam you will receive the VCP cert. there is a waiting list of about 6 months though

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

Krusader wrote: »
    You can do the VCAs. They aren't worth much though. they might fool HR in thinking they're credible certs

Best to sign up here for VCP training
    http://www.stanly.edu/continuing-education/computer-courses/vmware-vsphere.html

It cost $199 and when you pass the exam you will receive the VCP cert. there is a waiting list of about 6 months though

Hi there,

Have you done this course? Are you sure you can definitely do the VCP exam after it and get the certification?

$199 seems preferable to paying €2-3k for a week long course in one of the training centres around Ireland like Sureskills etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

John2002 wrote: »
    Hi there,

Have you done this course? Are you sure you can definitely do the VCP exam after it and get the certification?

$199 seems preferable to paying €2-3k for a week long course in one of the training centres around Ireland like Sureskills etc.

I'm on the waiting list. Though a work colleague is doing it at the moment.
    You can definitely get the VCP after completing this course and passing the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

I've done that online course, it defo qualifies you for the vcp exam. I let my voucher expire so didn't get to sit it but the training shows up in my VMware profile.

It's a box ticking exercise. Very structured but it's not an open lab for you to try your own stuff. If you're working with it regularly then you won't pick up much but if you're new to it you'll learn a good bit. It's not enough to pass, you'll want additional material like mastering VMware vsphere.

Advertisement