Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

qualified child

Options
  • 18-11-2014 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I will be made redundant shortly, I will get jobseekers benifit but was wondering will I get the qualified child allowance for my 2 kids as my wife works, she is on minimum wage earning approx 18,000 p.a.

Is there any other payments I would be entitled to such as FIS. Sorry to have to ask, looked at citizens information but cannot find anything relevant

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

If she gets less than 300 per week, tien I think you will get an increase for the kids.

If he earnings and your jsb is less than 602 per week, you could get fis.

Get the jsb 1st, then apply for fis

I presume your kids are under 18 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

If you spouse earns more than €310 and less than €400 pw then you will get half rate child dependant rate for children if they are under 18. If they are over 18 and in full time education you will have to wait until day 156 of your benefit claim to get payment for them. You cannot apply for FIS...you spouse can apply for FIS as they are the person working... assuming they are working 19 hrs pw but any money you receive on benefit will be assessed as income for FIS payment.

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/275_Family-Income-Supplement.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thank you all for the information. Children are 4 and 1. Wife works 39 hours.

Advertisement