Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda Superb Sat nav update

Options
  • 17-11-2014 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭

My brother in law has a 2010 Superb green line 1.9 TDI. He tells me that it doesn't have the M8 motorway registered on it.
    It there a way of downloading the updates for the Sat nav without going to the dealer?
    Or, is it a dealer job only?
    Cheers for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tmg

take a look over at briskoda.net in the superb II section - lots of info there.

t.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,124 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There are lots of chatter on the net about how to go about updating the maps on that VAG system. It can be updated via disc or sd card afaik but these files are encrypted meaning they are not meant to be copied. But like everything there is always a way around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tmg

it depends on the Nav unit -if its a colombus (skoda green version of the VW RNS 510) then its a DVD update. if its the RNS315 unit then its an encrypted, one shot SD card update

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭mossy50

NAVI EXTRAS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭youtheman

I have a 2012 Superb. It's a company car (leased) and I've been onto the company for ages asking about a Sat Nav upgrade. They told me there was none available, and about 2 months ago they said there was an upgrade available. So I got it upgraded. Found that the map upgrade did not include some roads that were changed over a year ago (Wilton and Bandon roads here in Cork). So bottom line, even if you get a Sat Nav upgrade, don't expect the maps to be bang up to date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

You can download the update from the Skoda UK site. It's a big file depending on if it's the Amunsden or Columbus he's got installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

youtheman wrote: »
    I have a 2012 Superb. It's a company car (leased) and I've been onto the company for ages asking about a Sat Nav upgrade. They told me there was none available, and about 2 months ago they said there was an upgrade available. So I got it upgraded. Found that the map upgrade did not include some roads that were changed over a year ago (Wilton and Bandon roads here in Cork). So bottom line, even if you get a Sat Nav upgrade, don't expect the maps to be bang up to date.
    Yeah, this is what suprised me - no M8 motorway on a 2010 car - that would irritate me no end.
    Its certainly not worth a dealer trip if the maps aren't even up to date Irish maps.
    I might try the UK site as suggested but I don't think I'll be putting too much effort into it - the Brother in law isn't too pushed about anyway.

Cheers for all the replies

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

V11 maps is the latest so check the version and they can be downloaded from www.gpsunderground.com

Advertisement