Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One4All Voucher

Options
  • 17-11-2014 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

I was given the scourge of all gifts - a one4all voucher.

Finding it almost impossible to convert it to something usable.

Is it possible to convert it to an iTunes gift card or use it within iTunes or the AppStore to charge up my account?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

"2.6 You may at any time, subject to payment of the redemption fee, request repayment of any credit balance on the Card. For further details phone GVS on 01-8708111.
    "

Think its a tenner they take off and the rest is a cheque.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭biomed32

How is it the scourge of all gifts though I have to ask, its usable in so many shops...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭djdunny

OP according to One4all.ie HMV takes the vouchers (or card), they might sell itunes gift cards!!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭biomed32

Argos also take the vouchers and they also sell iTunes cards

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Supervalu take them too, so maybe call credit or something.

At elase Superquinn used to take them, I Presume Supervalu now take them too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Just look at their website. It is accepted in a huge number of shops. Christmas a month away and you can't find a use for it? Surely you have even one gift to buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Easons and boots both accept them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭abff

rb25 wrote: »

Is it possible to convert it to an iTunes gift card or use it within iTunes or the AppStore to charge up my account?

Apart from the mind boggling ingratitude displayed by your post, it's fairly clear that you didn't bother checking their website to see where their vouchers are accepted. I just hope that whoever gave you the voucher doesn't know your boards i.d.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jonosam

Some people are never happy unless they are moaning!
    Loads of places accept it if you bothered to look.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - please don't make assumptions about the OP. Helpful posts please.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

I too not only disliked one4all but hated vouchers of any type. But got a one4all 4-5 years ago, stuck it in the back of the wallet, forgot about it (as in forgot it was even there let alone how much was on it). In arnotts 2 years later, really wanted this jacket, didnt want to spend the full amount, think it was around 180, then remembered I had the voucher, thought there was only 50 on it, but no, was 200. Covered the full cost of the jacket. Never so chuffed and happy to have a voucher. Bouncing out of the place.

So even though you dont need it now, you may need it in future, you never know. Now I love getting one4alls. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭rb25

jonosam wrote: »
    Some people are never happy unless they are moaning!
    Loads of places accept it if you bothered to look.

And I suppose you moaning about somebody else moaning is not the same.
    Thanks for your helpful post. :D

abff wrote: »
    Apart from the mind boggling ingratitude displayed by your post, it's fairly clear that you didn't bother checking their website to see where their vouchers are accepted. I just hope that whoever gave you the voucher doesn't know your boards i.d.

@abff It's fairly easy on here to get responses like yours. If you want the voucher you can have it but you can come meet me and say what you said on here to my face while you pick it up and see how that goes for you.

Don't assume you know what a poster has done or hasn't done.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@rb25 - please watch your posting. What you just said above could be construed as threatening or intimidating.

All - If you have a problem with a post, then use the Report Post functionality. Do not go off-topic.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Laura Palmer

Do you maybe live in an area where there aren't many of the shops at which the gift-card can be used?
    Because it can be used in a huge number of places - it's nearly as good as cash by now, so many places accept it.
    I love getting a One4All voucher - such a variety of uses for it. "The scourge of all gifts" is an assessment I really don't understand.

The last time I got a gift of a €100 one, I bought a gorgeous dress and a posh moisturiser. Both quite expensive items and the voucher covered the majority of the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

For me a voucher is great thing to get, if someone gives you cash (which is a lovely thing to get ha!) you can end up spending it on small bits and pieces and just your day to day life (lunch, drinks etc.), a voucher can be used to help you splurge on yourself a little bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Every year I get tons of people looking to use their One4All vouchers, we don't accept them but the suggestion I give them is the same advice I received myself. Use the voucher for something regular, like the weekly shopping and the cash you saved from not spending on the shopping you can use to treat yourself elsewhere.

That way you avoid risking the loss of the card and or maintenance charges for outstanding balances.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AngCork

They can still be used in a lot of shops. Some are getting rid of them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

AKW wrote: »
    Every year I get tons of people looking to use their One4All vouchers, we don't accept them but the suggestion I give them is the same advice I received myself. Use the voucher for something regular, like the weekly shopping and the cash you saved from not spending on the shopping you can use to treat yourself elsewhere.

Most supermarkets do not accept them. Tesco/Dunnes/Lidl/Aldi/Supervalu(non-Dub stores especially), convenience stores also. http://www.one4all.ie/retailer/supermarket-off-licence.html

So where does one do the regular shopping on the oneforall card? Only the small Marks and Sparks food shop accepts them. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

moxin wrote: »
    Most supermarkets do not accept them. Tesco/Dunnes/Lidl/Aldi/Supervalu(non-Dub stores especially), convenience stores also. http://www.one4all.ie/retailer/supermarket-off-licence.html

So where does one do the regular shopping on the oneforall card? Only the small Marks and Sparks food shop accepts them. :mad:

Supervalu just up the road from me take them. http://www.one4all.ie/retailer/supermarket-off-licence/supervalu-nestors.html

• Advertisement

Just as a FYI on these vouchers.

The person I got it from handed over the amount on the card in euros for it in a shop and received the one4all card. I had been trying to redeem it online but could not. I tried checking the balance a few times on the one4all web site but it kept telling me there was no such card number.

It turns out that there was some sort of scam going on. The shop took the money but never applied it to the card.

This was embarrassing all around because I had received it as a gift and it seemed like there was nothing on it.

If you're intending to buy one for somebody make sure to keep the receipt for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Are they useable online, say Amazon? I think they're a great idea. I got one too for Christmas and will have no trouble spending it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Amazon aren't Irish based so why would they take it LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

jaymcg91 wrote: »

The reason I ask is because you can use it online on certain sites. I thought Amazon might be one of them. But I guess that would be a stretch of the imagination for you. LOL

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

jaymcg91 wrote: »

They could take it as One4all is also in the UK, you can check the balance from your Irish card on the Uk website and gives you the balance as 50 for €50, they have Amazon as retailer, looks like you use your one4all giftcard details to purchase an Amazon vouchers, But I haven't tried using my EUR gift card to buy Amazon vouchers

nava wrote: »
    They have Amazon as retailer, looks like you use your one4all giftcard details to purchase an Amazon vouchers, But I haven't tried using my EUR gift card to buy Amazon vouchers

I tried and it doesn't seem to work for the euro gift cards on Amazon. I'm waiting for somebody in the one4all support to come back to me on it as they sent me instructions saying that it was possible. I think Amazon may have changed their policy on the euro gift cards.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

I tried and it doesn't seem to work for the euro gift cards on Amazon. I'm waiting for somebody in the one4all support to come back to me on it as they sent me instructions saying that it was possible. I think Amazon may have changed their policy on the euro gift cards.

If you are trying to use the card you mention earlier in the thread that wasn't registered by the shop it won't work.

If you have another card, the link here might help, looks like big issues for most people are the name: use one4all and the Expiration date use the valid thru date or check expiration date on the Balance link on one4all website.

Advertisement