Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maryborough Woods bus route

Options
  • 17-11-2014 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭

When did they start a bus route through Maryborough Woods? I only noticed it today but wouldn't have thought that there was that much of a demand for one

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Bus Eireann are a joke.

My sister was travelling from Carrigaline to Town last week and the bus broke down in Douglas because it ran out of Diesel.

What a joke of a service.

Oh and theres no point in complaining they dont give two hoots.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

mikeym wrote: »
    Bus Eireann are a joke.

My sister was travelling from Carrigaline to Town last week and the bus broke down in Douglas because it ran out of Diesel.

What a joke of a service.

Oh and theres no point in complaining they dont give two hoots.

what the hell has that to do with the OP's question?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Bella_Lyn86

Started Sunday 16th. the 216 route has now changed.it no longer travels the Rochestown road and on towards mount oval

It now travels from finger post up the carrigaline road , through maryborough woods exiting the estate at the Maryborough hotel.Then up Maryborough hill to lisadell, broadale ,mount oval.
    As far as i know it turns around at mount oval and reverses the route back into town.

I used it Sunday from Maryborough woods was ideal. €2.20 into town ( not sure if cheaper to the village). The driver on the day mentioned that some residents tried to object it but I dont see why??

Live here 3 years now and all along if I didn't want to take the car to town the only option was to walk down to the village (good 20 min walk) for the nearest bus stop into town or pay €30 for a return taxi.

I think once word gets out there it will be popular and justified and give people more options.Especially for going to town Christmas shopping in next few weeks

I don't think the taxi drivers will be happy though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Out of curiosity, where does it turn at Mount Oval? Does it go into Mount Oval now also. Can't think where it would turn there other than going in one entrance and out the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Dbu

The driver on the day mentioned that some residents tried to object it but I dont see why??

I wonder where a driver would get that info??
    I would be delighted as a bus outside your door puts up the value of your property.

• Advertisement

Dbu wrote: »
    I wonder where a driver would get that info??
    I would be delighted as a bus outside your door puts up the value of your property.

It was some bus eireann guy that was with the driver because it was the first day of the route.From what he said,there was a delay with the planning permission for the stops from the council because residents were objecting to the route going through the estate. don't quote me here but it was something along them lines

Traffic passes through the estate anyway and in fairness the bin lorries make more noise than the buses

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭The_Banker

Delighted with the new service...
    Makes my life easier... and the two kids love going on the bus.

Cant see how anyone in the estate would object (unless it was one looney) as anyone I know in the area is delighted that the service has started.

The_Banker wrote: »
    Delighted with the new service...
    Makes my life easier... and the two kids love going on the bus.

Cant see how anyone in the estate would object (unless it was one looney) as anyone I know in the area is delighted that the service has started.

There's always one ;-)

But agree with you - we delighted to have the option now

Ludo wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, where does it turn at Mount Oval? Does it go into Mount Oval now also. Can't think where it would turn there other than going in one entrance and out the other.

From bus eireann:

The 216 bus turns within Mount Oval at the Marketing Suite and returns back via the same route. Currently there is no bus stop in Mount Oval.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Deer

From bus eireann:

The 216 bus turns within Mount Oval at the Marketing Suite and returns back via the same route. Currently there is no bus stop in Mount Oval.

Seems to have changed again. Saw it head straight past garyduff and down the hill where Thornbury and Belview are located - Coach Hill I think is the name. My daughter has just rang me and it's done the same much to her chagrin. Very annoying..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Deer

Sigh. I just rang the station and they have changed it again to down coach hill, left back down rochestown road and back up clarkes hill again. When I asked was it residents it was more or less confirmed without actually saying outright. On a plus side great for coach hill if they didn't have a stop before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

so if the 216 is going through maryborough woods now, can anyone tell me what is the point of the 24 hour bus lane at the end of the maryborough hill now? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭kub

hoodwinked wrote: »
    so if the 216 is going through maryborough woods now, can anyone tell me what is the point of the 24 hour bus lane at the end of the maryborough hill now? :confused:

What about the 220?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

kub wrote: »
    What about the 220?

is that not using the new route? i haven't seen a bus on the end of that hill since the 216 diverted,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭kub

hoodwinked wrote: »
    is that not using the new route? i haven't seen a bus on the end of that hill since the 216 diverted,

The 220 still goes down Maryborough Hill

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I assume it will stop at Thornbury View on Coach Hill. This would be great if it does.

Advertisement