Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pre NCT check

Options
  • 17-11-2014 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi all hoping I'm posting this in the correct place? I'm looking for a garage in Clonmel that can do a pre NCT check on a car? I know theres Keartons and Advanced Pitstop, but does anyone know of anywhere else??

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭cletus

Don't know of a place, but personally I wouldn't bother with a pre-NCT check. Do anything obvious with the car, then put it in and see what, if anything it fails on.

Re-test fee is probably lower that the pre-test fee, plus you avoid potentially having unnecessary (and expensive) work being carried out on the car

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Unless the pre test costs less than €28 you're wasting your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,150 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Pre NCT checks are a waste of money imo. Just check the basic and most common failures listed on the NCT website. The best pre NCT is the NCT itself, let them tell you what it fails on and then get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭martinak89

Don't think Ill bother get one done so :) I'll just put it in and see what happens! Thanks all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,150 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Just check the basic easy stuff like tyre thread dept, headlight alignment, bulbs working, etc. Easy enough to check and could avoid you a retest all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭cml387

One simple thing is to make sure the car is NCT ready.

Wheel nuts visible, seatbelts fastened in the back and front passenger etc.

Advertisement