Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Idle Magic - back at 1000revs

Options
  • 17-11-2014 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

Hi,
    I bought a Toyota Verso 2003 recently(100k on the clock), During the test drive the only problem I noticed was it would idle very low when I stopped at about 500revs
    THe price was low at 5000 and the body immaculate.

THe dealer said that it only needed new oil..He did indeed put in new oil, and when I picked it up, it was idling at 1000rev no problem....
    I'm not sure if it's my imagination, but the accelerator seems quite sensitive! you only have to touch it to shoot the revs up!

I thought the Idling was computer controlled in new cars...... Could the Mech there just have done something as simple as nipped up the accelerator cord to change the REvs? or was it down to the oil?

Mileage is legit, I contacted the previous owner who worked for RTE

Advertisement