Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Transit recovery ,,, considering buying ,,,

Options
  • 17-11-2014 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

can anyone recommend a transit recovery ?
    looking at the 04 & newer model with beaver tail ,,,

i know they are advertised as being able to be drove in a car licence but when in use they would be overweight !!!

any common faults with these apart from usual transit rust issues,,,

thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭lifer_sean

Interested in this question also.

I would have thought that a transit + beavertail body + car would be over 3500kg? Is transit rated for a GVW of more than 3500kg ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭ianobrien

There are some 4.5 tonne Transits out there but they need a truck licence to drive legally. If you are looking at Transit recovery vehicles get the unladen weight of the vehicle, take that value from the GVW and your left with the payload. Then you'll need to see if its adequate to take a car but you won't be putting any large cars on the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

You can drive on a car licence if it's 3500kgs GVW (Gross Vehicle Weight)

Most weigh 2200/2300 with a driver, So leaves you 1250ish for a car.

It is possible to get one that weighs under 2T but that would be a very light basic body.

You can also get a 430 which is 4300GVW, So in theory could possibly get up to 2T on it. But I think you need a Tacho for that aswell as a 7.5T licence.

Advertisement