Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

M3/N3 Morning Traffic Jam

Options
  • 17-11-2014 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know whats causing the massive backlog of traffic on the M3/N3 eastbound in the mornings ?
    It took me nearly 30minutes from driving onto the M3 at the Dunboyne bypass to get to the Mulhuddart exit !1:mad::mad:
    Traffic was stopped pretty much from the Damastown exit onwards !
    Really grind my gears to hear AA roadwatch saying its just building form the ashtown roundabout when its for miles before then !!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

I did see there was a van broken down but don't think that was it. This was just before the Clonee turn off.

I took the Clonee lane to go the back roads but so many ****ers using the hard shoulder only to have to merge into our lane and many then merged back onto the main road. I was grinding my teeth this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Its every morning now, worse ona Tuesday usually but particularly bad this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

I commute from just outside kells to Blanchardstown, taking the m3 arriving to jct 4 by 7.35am.
    The traffic is normally stop start bumper to bumper from jct 3 onwards so I usually exit at jct4 and take the backroads.
    It's much longer distance wise and is still busy but it feels quicker.

Dont know what causes the traffic jam past jct 4 every day though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

Dont know what causes the traffic jam past jct 4 every day though.

I think its a lot of merging lanes, and short merging lanes at that, in a short distance.

Between Clonee and the M50 you have 5 merging lanes (Clonee, Damastown, 2 at Mulhuddart/blanch centre, snugborough road) all with short merges so people drive to the very end and then stop to pull in.

You also have a bus lane that stops and starts with buses/taxis trying to get out of it before the merges then back in again straight after, or often driving into the merging lanes to get to the bus lane quicker while cars are trying to get out of the merging lanes. Its bad road planning more or less IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Dartz

Gards at the end of the bus lane nabbing drivers. Forcing taxis and buses to merge back in.

But it is utter ****ing gridlock the whole way up to the railway station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

Dartz wrote: »
    Gards at the end of the bus lane nabbing drivers. Forcing taxis and buses to merge back in.

But it is utter ****ing gridlock the whole way up to the railway station.

I haven't seen a Garda there in months. Do you see them often.

Advertisement