Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gynecomastia

Options
  • 17-11-2014 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm 14 and I have gynecomastia,it's embarrassing,and i lack self confidence,I never take off my shirt even in front of my family,I'm just wondering that since I have a hse medical card,how long would I have to wait on a waiting list?and would I have to pay in a private clinic example Dundrum clinic.

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

As far as I know, lots of men get it in their early teens, some just worse than others, and as you grow older it goes as your hormones balance out. Wouldn't be too worried about it at 14 to be honest as long as you're exercising and eating well, but ask your doctor.

Not advising you to do it either, but I know a lot of Irish and British guys go to Poland for surgery because it's cheaper. Down the line if you needed it just assess all the options you have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

First step is to go to your GP - be very, very wary of private clinics who will rush to take your money. Your GP is your gatekeeper to medical services, public and private. Take their advice.

Advertisement