Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Who calls the car for nct

Options
  • 17-11-2014 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭

Do they contact you automatically when first NCT is due or is the responsibility with the driver to seek an NCT?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

No they don't contact you, it's up to you to make the booking. You can book it online but you are better off calling them on the phone to arrange it if you need it soon.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Ultimate responsibility lies with the owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Up to driver/owner but usually contact by letter to registered owner

• Registered Users Posts: 23,286 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Up to driver/owner but usually contact by letter to registered owner

Its due at 4 years old. Its hardly rocket science to just book it in. You can also book it in up to 3 months early.
    They have online booking and you can pay at the test centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

There was a time when they did contact you, those day are gone now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

mickdw wrote: »
    Its due at 4 years old. Its hardly rocket science to just book it in. You can also book it in up to 3 months early.
    They have online booking and you can pay at the test centre.

I think you can get 6 months early for the first.

OP you want to get looking soon if it's due in January. I got my car done a few weeks ago in Fonthill there was nothing available till January, I got lucky and found a date searching early in the morning. Checked for my Mother's car and nothing in Fonthill or Deansgrange till next year, loads in Greenhills though. If you ring and can't get a date within 30 days it's free but that's not much use since they are changing the penalty for not having it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Del2005 wrote: »
    I think you can get 6 months early for the first.

OP you want to get looking soon if it's due in January. I got my car done a few weeks ago in Fonthill there was nothing available till January, I got lucky and found a date searching early in the morning. Checked for my Mother's car and nothing in Fonthill or Deansgrange till next year, loads in Greenhills though. If you ring and can't get a date within 30 days it's free but that's not much use since they are changing the penalty for not having it.
    Used to be but that law was revoked when the 2014 regulations kicked in on 28th July 2014. It's now 90 days for all full tests without changing the next anniversary date.

Advertisement