Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opinions on this car (e92 335i)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

how come the 330 is out, simply no pint in paying the 3L tax when you can have the 335 with much more power?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Idbatterim wrote: »
    how come the 330 is out, simply no pint in paying the 3L tax when you can have the 335 with much more power?

yeah , that's pretty much along the lines of what I was thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

No opinions on that car? I'm open to other makes/models too.
    I'm thinking along the lines of a mk6 GTi, Audi TT, or either of the e92s (325i/335i).

After doing a lot of research, I'm slightly put off the 335i with its problems with the HPFP, injectors and turbos. All expensive to fix. I had a mk5 gti before so it would have to be a mk6 this time, however they are bloody expensive, guts of 20k for a clean low miles example. That leaves the tt, nice enough looking (a bit feminine maybe?), I'd want the dsg version though and not many about.

Anything else I should be looking out for?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I had a 3.0l 325 for a while and would say it or the 330i are the best bet, especially if you could stretch to an 08 and get the low tax 3l. Even if you can't there are a lot of cheapish 07 2.5l 325is around as they were the first model available and a lot are relatively anonymous and bought for pottering about so in very good nick. 335i are a fair bit faster, but much more likely to have been driven in to the ground and much more prone to issues. The NA engine in either version of the 325 or 330 has a more classic but impressive power delivery, again the paddle 3.0 version is a nicer unit. Imo there is no comparison with a tt or a golf. A Quattro a5 is probably the nearest things, or maybe an e class coupe, but they aren't rewlly in same handling class.

If you wait until weather gets a bit icy and looks like snow then there will be no competition to buy them either!

Advertisement