Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to flash new firmware on Xperia Z3?

Options
  • 16-11-2014 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭

I posted on androidcentral about a problem with my Z3. I keep getting notifications saying "RTE News Now is preventing STAMINA mode". When I click on it,it just gives me app info. The problem is,I dont have the "active apps in stand by" option that other Z3 users seem to have. So I cant whitelist this app.I have the D6603 model.So, a guy on androidcentral advised me to flash a new firmware to fix this........but it seems very complicated.
    I've looked at different websites and spent the last 2 hours downloading drivers,flashtools etc but cant get my head around it. I dont know which drivers to download for the Z3 as on the flashtool experia driver pack file I did download,the list only went up as far as the Z2 so I presume its not up to date.

Excuse my long winded intro but basically what I want to know is-will flashing new firmware fix the problem above? And can somebody please supply a simple step by step guide how to do this?I'm using windows 8.1
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

Advertisement