Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Drive time from Dublin Airport to Dublin Port?

Options
  • 16-11-2014 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭

On Friday around 1:30pm.
    How much time do you reckon I need reserve to drive from Dublin Airport (terminal) to Dublin Port?
    I know shortest way is through the tunnel - but as I never driven through there, I'm not sure how much time should I assume this will take considering it's Friday lunchtime?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Unless the tunnel is closed or restricted youll have a clear run from the airport to the tunnel . Traffic doesn't really build up on that route unless theres a crash or somesuch. 20 mins or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Unless the tunnel is closed or restricted youll have a clear run from the airport to the tunnel . Traffic doesn't really build up on that route unless theres a crash or somesuch. 20 mins or so.

So 20 minutes assuming no traffic or delays.
    In case tunnel is closed I've looked up google maps for route through the city. How long would that take? And does it happen often that tunnel is closed?

I just need to pick up someone from the airport at 1:30pm and make it for ferry at 3:10pm (and it's probably good idea to be in ferry port at least 45 minutes early, so 2:25pm - so I have less then one hour. Would that suffice to drive through the city in case tunnel is closed?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

CiniO wrote: »
    So 20 minutes assuming no traffic or delays.
    In case tunnel is closed I've looked up google maps for route through the city. How long would that take? And does it happen often that tunnel is closed?

I just need to pick up someone from the airport at 1:30pm and make it for ferry at 3:10pm (and it's probably good idea to be in ferry port at least 45 minutes early, so 2:25pm - so I have less then one hour. Would that suffice to drive through the city in case tunnel is closed?

You will deffo make it. Out of airport, straight in through swords road, to fairview park and then to the port. 30 mins max.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

The tunnel is rarely closed during the day, unless there is an emergency and depending on traffic out of the airport you should be in the port well within the 30 mins from leaving the Airport carpark.
    If, by bad luck, you cannot use the tunnel, the most straight forward way is through Drumcondra take the left onto Clonliffe Road and its a straight run from there into the port.
    However if its raining heavily and you don't get out of the Airport until 2.00 and you have to skip the tunnel be prepared for a 40 - 50 minute journey, as you will hit congestion driving through Drumcondra.

Advertisement