Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lone Parent Dublin 15 Rent allowance etc

Options
  • 16-11-2014 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭

A Friend of mine is a landlord. Has three bed house. Wants to rent it moving for work reasons. One potential tenant is single with four kids. What rental allowance would she get ? All kids below 9. Can she afford to rent house at 1200 per month. She doesnt work so I told him i wouldnt think so as I wouldnt think social welfare payments would be much. So question is , how much would she get per month rental allowance and then also social payments.

Would it make a difference if she had a partner to get more money or does it work like that ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

A Friend of mine is a landlord. Has three bed house. Wants to rent it moving for work reasons. One potential tenant is single with four kids. What rental allowance would she get ? All kids below 9. Can she afford to rent house at 1200 per month. She doesnt work so I told him i wouldnt think so as I wouldnt think social welfare payments would be much. So question is , how much would she get per month rental allowance and then also social payments.

Would it make a difference if she had a partner to get more money or does it work like that ?

No she won't get 1200 pm

She will get €880 to which she has to contribute 120 pm herself to bring it up to the maximum rent supplement of €1000 pm.

She's either cohabiting or single

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Thanks gatland. Confirmed told friend this. Saïd she mention getting 670 .. somthing not stacking up. Maybe welfare after is making up the rest ??

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Th3B1tcH

here the rates she wont get max will have to put 30 towards if on her own 40 if has a partner a week ,also your not allowed rent above rates set and topup it

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/supplementary_welfare_schemes/rent_supplement.html

Thanks gatland. Confirmed told friend this. Saïd she mention getting 670 .. somthing not stacking up. Maybe welfare after is making up the rest ??

Something isn't right there at all .

670 + her contribution if she is single of 120 only gives her a maximum of €790 leaving her a large shortfall of €410 a month to find on top her supplement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Maybe she had a partner and he was working or somthing like that. Its not making sence to me. How much would she get with child care unemployment allowance etc

• Advertisement

Maybe she had a partner and he was working or somthing like that. Its not making sence to me. How much would she get with child care unemployment allowance etc

The maximum is €1000 with a minimum contribution of €30 pw depending on circumstances so her maximum she can receive is €880 pm

Advertisement