Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Google Play Gift Cards > Available in Irish stores

Options
  • 15-11-2014 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭

Just a heads up. Apologies if there's a thread on this already.

Spotted in a branch of Tesco. Ballybrack, South County Dublin.

Google Play Gift Cards available to purchase in the following amounts.

Fifteen, twenty five and fifty euro. €15 €25 €50.

IMG_20141115_213651x.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

A follow up post that might be of use to someone.

I purchased a Nexus 7 a year or so ago, first generation Nexus 7.. at the time, Google were offering Play Store credit for UK and US users.

I relocated my Wallet account through a proxy and made it look like I had signed up from the US, to avail of the credit.

As a result, when I went to 'Redeem' my newly purchased Google Play Gift Card, it could not be accepted, on the grounds of not being for the right country/territory.

To fix this issue:

Sign into Google Wallet.

https://wallet.google.com/manage/

Preferably on a Desktop PC/Laptop, or a phone browser that forces the full Desktop version of the site.

Click on the cog (Settings), on the far right of the screen, just under your user icon.

Scroll down to 'Home address' and click edit, on the far right.

Enter valid details for your current (Irish) location, change your phone number too, if you need to.

When clicking save, you'll be given a warning that a credit balance from another country will not be carried over.

It is worth bearing in mind, you will not be able to change address/country, if you have:

* More than $10 as a credit balance
    * The Google Wallet app installed on a phone
    * A Merchant account

Click save.

Go back to Google Play on your device, click Redeem and enter your purchased Google Play code.

Google Play offers to pay with a Google Play credit balance as default, so, just click on an app that needs a payment and you should see your fresh balance.

---

You can also change your, 'Legal name' and Language preferences in the same manner as above.

---

The ability to edit Google Wallet addresses, easily, is fairly recent, as far as I can tell.

Anyone with credit from the Nexus giveaway will have had their credits expiring/removed, coming up to Christmas 2014.

Mine were removed in October 2014.

---

Issues surrounding a change of address.

Certain companies have apps/games that need additional data downloaded, after the main app has been installed. typically, the additional data will not download if the app detects a different country/territory.

EA, the games company, in particular, are well known for this, in my case, I can install Dead Space the app, purchased with the US address, but the additional data needed to run the game will not download. I get an error.

Just a heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Tesco seem to be running a promotion. (June 2015)

I payed 12.75 for a 15 euro card, as far as I can recall. I ditched my receipt..

I asked the cashier and she informed me there was a promotion on at the moment.

Purchased this evening, Tesco Ballybrack, South County Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Stormington

Amalgam wrote: »
    Tesco seem to be running a promotion. (June 2015)

I payed 12.75 for a 15 euro card, as far as I can recall. I ditched my receipt..

I asked the cashier and she informed me there was a promotion on at the moment.

Purchased this evening, Tesco Ballybrack, South County Dublin.
    Savage: I saw on HUKD that Tesco UK were running a 15% off promo so they must be doing it here too.

Cheers for the heads up, as I've been looking to buy a language app and this will be handy for leaving a few euro lie in the account afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Just a word of caution, Google Play cards can't be used to buy hardware for some reason.

Advertisement