Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Karate or Judo is South Dublin?

Options
  • 15-11-2014 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Anyone aware of any good karate or judo clubs in South Dublin? I'm from Dundrum and work in blackrock.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Zen65

There are several Shotokan karate clubs near Dundrum run by the WSKF. Look up their website for details of the nearest one to you, or the one that suits you best. It's a very good organisation with excellent instructors.

Niall Malone runs a very good Wado-Ryu karate school in Monkstown. Details here.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 freddyboiii

If you have no luck finding Judo around there East Coast Jiu Jitsu academy is in monkstown very close to blackrock, I can't post links but just google 'ecjja'. Best bjj in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Alphac

+1 for East Coast Jui-Jitsu Academy (ECJJA)

I am new enough there and the guys are brilliant, you wont find a more welcoming atmosphere. The coaches Tom, Chris and Darragh are excellent - all highly decorated in international competition - but more importantly passionate about teaching their art.

Given you are in Dundrum there is another top class place there (Gracie Barra) - run by Chris Bowe, also an elite level competitor.

So you are spoilt for choice really!

PS - dont think there's judo near you, Paul Cummins in Walkinstown is probably the nearest. Unless UCD have a club still running (?)

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭dubdamo

I know it's not karate or judo but there is a San shou club in Deansgrange. It has striking and throws combined. Just google YMAA ireland, I have never been there but they compete in competitions, which indicates they are Not a Mc Dojo.

Advertisement