Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Starting car after 1.5 years

Options
  • 15-11-2014 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭

97 1.3 corolla
    Have been working away for about a year and a half and my car has never been started.
    I put a new battery in it today and although turning over it wont fire.
    Tried towing and still wont start.
    I opened the fuel rail and it is getting juice. Will be changing plugs in the morning too.

Any other ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,202 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Fresh fuel!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭e.r

Not sure if it's true but the oil turns to gunk and it's better to change that before you start it as its bad for engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

How will i drain the fuel??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

How will i drain the fuel??

How much is in the tank? I started an old astra that was parked up over a year that had quarter of a tank of old petrol, I brought it up to half with fresh fuel and it started after a few turns.
    Have you checked electrical connections for corrosion? A squirt of wd40 might be no harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

corsav6 wrote: »
    How much is in the tank? I started an old astra that was parked up over a year that had quarter of a tank of old petrol, I brought it up to half with fresh fuel and it started after a few turns.
    Have you checked electrical connections for corrosion? A squirt of wd40 might be no harm.
    yeah I reckon this too. 97 corolla still had distributors? I'd clean the cap with a cloth and wd40, don't scrape it with anything metal. If it's not firing at all could be somethng in low tension circuit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement