Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 MacBook Pro Kernel Panics Replacement Graphics Card

Options
  • 15-11-2014 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Hey people,

I have a macbook pro 6,2 which suffers from kernel panics as a faulty nvidia card. I was in touch with a company in England who said " the most permanent solution is to fit a brand new Nvidia chipset reballed in lead solder." I am wondering if there is any company in ireland that does this reasonably priced, or if anyone has it done before and if so have they had issues with their mbp since??

Cheers
    Dpjmie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Simple Computers

Hi dpjmie

It is very hard to find good repair for that problem. First AVOID someone who offer you cheap fix as this will work only for few weeks.
    Faulty nVidia chip was common problem in many laptops. Consider replacing laptop for new one as fixing it will cost over €100. If you chose to get it fixed make sure you will get at least 12months warrant on that fix.

Advertisement