Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary selling from private house

Options
  • 15-11-2014 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi could advise, I have a corner house fronting on to a busy residential road in a kildare town. Along the side of the property is a roadway into several estates. Approx 35 m into this side road I have a set of double gates into the rear of my property. I intend to sell xmas trees for the three weeks before Xmas from the rear of my property. I will not sell from the public road itself but only from private property. Can u see any planning issues? I have checked and I do not need a casual trading license as it is private property.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Not sure about planning issues etc but you would definitely need public liability insurance if people will be coming on to your property.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭spin777

It's easier to beg forgiveness then ask permission. If you get open then it'll be after Xmas before they can close you so go for it. Just have your book work in order as the revenue could come knocking. Good luck with it.

Advertisement