Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2015

Options
  • 15-11-2014 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Just throwing a situation out there in case anyone else experienced it. Entered a survey on Facebook there giving feedback to last year's Forbidden Fruit festival. On completion of the survey, they offered tickets for myself and 5 friends for next year's festival. I assumed I had won a competiton but spoke to two other people who also did the survey and they got the same offer.

I know you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth but seems like an offer too good to be true! Just wondering had anyone else had this offer or any thoughts on it.

Thanks,

Laurel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

To keep ye away from Slane? :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Laurel_Patente

To keep ye away from Slane? :):):)

You see I was thinking this too, whether they are trying to build up a critical mass of people for the festival, but tickets last year were 110 beans, so sould be surprised they would give away so many.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Seems odd I suppose plus I guess if they were free tickets people could go to Slane if they wished then wander in to FF on the Sunday anyway.

Seems odd I suppose plus I guess if they were free tickets people could go to Slane if they wished then wander in to FF on the Sunday anyway.

Yeah because Slane is only a one day thing anyway right? Well sure look, I'll be delighted if they follow through with it but majorly pissed off if they say "yeah, by free tickets we meant one free drink at the bar" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 rfoynes

Where did/does this survey appear on their facebook page?

• Advertisement

rfoynes wrote: »
    Where did/does this survey appear on their facebook page?

I don't think it's there anymore because they've put up a profile picture announcing the date. You had to send an email to an address of someone on the "Forbidden Fruit" team, they would send you on the link to the survey on surveymonkey.com, and then you would be informed that you and five friends had won tickets to next year's concert

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

I don't think it's there anymore because they've put up a profile picture announcing the date. You had to send an email to an address of someone on the "Forbidden Fruit" team, they would send you on the link to the survey on surveymonkey.com, and then you would be informed that you and five friends had won tickets to next year's concert

What's the email? The survey popped up in my feed several times but I've been too up to my eyes to even glance at it

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭jimosterberg

Hi guys,

Just throwing a situation out there in case anyone else experienced it. Entered a survey on Facebook there giving feedback to last year's Forbidden Fruit festival. On completion of the survey, they offered tickets for myself and 5 friends for next year's festival. I assumed I had won a competiton but spoke to two other people who also did the survey and they got the same offer.

I know you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth but seems like an offer too good to be true! Just wondering had anyone else had this offer or any thoughts on it.

Thanks,

Laurel

I did the survey and got the same offer. I thought it sounded a bit too good to be true and thought maybe they were offering me the chance to buy tickets early so I sent an email back to the girl to clarify the situation. She replied that they were free tickets as their way of saying thanks for doing the survey.

Saruwatari wrote: »
    What's the email? The survey popped up in my feed several times but I've been too up to my eyes to even glance at it

erindempsey8800 at gmail dot com. Reckon the offer could be over now though because the post is taken down.

I did the survey and got the same offer. I thought it sounded a bit too good to be true and thought maybe they were offering me the chance to buy tickets early so I sent an email back to the girl to clarify the situation. She replied that they were free tickets as their way of saying thanks for doing the survey.

Cheers. So do you reckon it's legitimate? Again, seems like an offer to good to be true but it would be shocking PR if they've offered a number of people free tickets and won't follow through.

• Advertisement

Cheers. So do you reckon it's legitimate? Again, seems like an offer to good to be true but it would be shocking PR if they've offered a number of people free tickets and won't follow through.

I can't see how it's not legit. It was posted on their facebook and then the email I got offering the tickets was from the same address. They said they have my details saved and will be in touch before the festival. At the time I thought it was odd that they were asking you to email to an address if you were will to do a survey instead of just clicking on a link. It did strike me that there might be some sort of reward for doing it. Didn't expect one this good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I kept on meaning to do that survey but put it off, gutted now hearing this!

Ah well, I'll be going regardless but wouldve been handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Sineadbcoyle

Hi Laurel,

I did the same survey and after getting the reply about the tickets I thought it was a draw. I asked her and she said it wasn't so I told a couple of friends and they got the same offer of tickets!

My only issue now is I do really want to go to Forbidden Fruit this year - I'd be gutted if tickets sold out and these tickets aren't real. I might e-mail a more official Forbidden Fruit e-mail to ask and update here.

They asked people to do the survey on their official facebook page so if it wasn't real their page must have been hacked. If it was surely they would have realised this and communicated it on their page. If they didn't make good on their promises it would be very bad PR.

Hi all, just an update on this...Tweeted Forbidden Fruit about the tickets last Thursday and they acknowledged that I had won 6 tickets and said they would be in touch regarding the tickets soon, so the offer would appear to be legitimate...

I am delighted with the lineup so far but would just like to get the tickets officially as I'll be coming up from Galway for it so will need to book accomodation, and as it is a bank holiday weekend places will be at a premium

Hey just bumping this to see if anyone had heard back anything from Ffruit on the offer...cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I bought a ticket for this about a month ago and still haven't received anything in the post (Body & Soul too), but one of my friends bought his ticket on Thursday gone and his came in the post this morning. Anyone know when I should expect to receive it?

I bought a ticket for it as well as I don't want to miss it. Several of my friends have e-mailed them and they've replied saying that they will deliver on the tickets, they're just "working out the logistics". If it does happen hopefully I'll be able to sell my ticket on Toutless.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dublinred101

Anybody know how much the alcohol is in here and what drink do they serve?

Anybody know how much the alcohol is in here and what drink do they serve?

In terms of beer/cider, I think it was pretty much just Beck's and Bulmers last year. About €5.50-€6/pint. There's also wine and spirits but I didn't buy any last year so not sure of the prices.

• Advertisement

Think spirits (vodka or whiskey) generally went for around 5.50 or 6 last year as well

Got an email from them today about the tickets I won for doing the survey.

Got an email from them today about the tickets I won for doing the survey.

Same, I'm pretty ecstatic that they pulled through!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

This two Forbidden Fruit threads is confusing my ass, which one is it, this one or the other one?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

This two Forbidden Fruit threads is confusing my ass, which one is it, this one or the other one?

The other one was being used more to talk about the festival. This is my bad I started this one before the other one to see had anyone else won tickets to the festival and now that question has been answered.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 lolly0306

The other one was being used more to talk about the festival. This is my bad I started this one before the other one to see had anyone else won tickets to the festival and now that question has been answered.

My friend won 6 tickets also from the survey. She just gave the details and we've to pick them up there. Hopefully it's all legit!!

Advertisement