Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

imac 27 graphic card replacement

Options
  • 15-11-2014 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

My graphics card in my 27 inch iMac has dies and I need to replace it. The current card is a ATI radion 4 series. I want to upgrade to the 5 series or possibly the 6 series if its is economically possible. I have read a lot on the internet and know that this can be done.

My question is: can I buy any ATI 5 or 6 series graphic card that has been used in iMacs and is therefore compatible or do I have to buy a graphic card specific for the mac? The cards I am looking at are iMac replacements and they are around £400 and its a but pricey. I can find the same model number ATI card that is for the PC but I am unsure if it will fit.

Going with the mac compatible card is clearly a safe option but expensive. If I could get a pc card it would be way cheaper.

Advertisement