Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations less than 10 euro

Options
  • 15-11-2014 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

Can I get some recommendations for red wines less than 10 euro in aldi lidl and tesco?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,536 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Can I get some recommendations for red wines less than 10 euro in aldi lidl and tesco?

Tesco: most Bordeaux wines that are allegedly €20, but regularly reduced to €10 are decent value at the lower price.

Aldi: Chateau Marot Bellevue 2012 is good value at €7. The "premium" Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon (not sure of its name (Cimarosa Reserva maybe?) , but it's €9.99 and has a white label) is good and spicy. You may also find some bottles of Paniza Crianza 2009 which is a steal at €6.29.

Lidl: most of their "premium" wines (usually in baskets near checkout, and not own brand) are good - try any in budget. They've just launched a tasty Christmas range, but I think there may be nothing under €10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

Lidl have a lovely Spanish wine at the moment - Baturrica Gran Reserva 2007 for €9.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,936 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

See my recommendations on this thread...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057323242

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Aldi:

Toro Loco Tempranillo €6.49

Fleurie €9.49

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Add 50c for the Toro Loco Reserva at 6,99, excellent.
    cloudatlas wrote: »
    Aldi:

Toro Loco Tempranillo €6.49

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,536 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Buddy97mm wrote: »

Think the Reserva is only occasionally in stock?

Tesco have their Buy 6, get 25% off on again this weekend (only way they can sell wine these days I'd say). They have a couple of Bordeaux "reduced" to €10 (€7.50 if you get 6) - Chateau Mezain is nice. They have a Blaye - Cotes de Bordeaux for the same price which should hopefully be decent. Also, moving away from svelte Bordeaux, the Palais des Anciennes Fitou is a tasty rustice wine, at €9 before discount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Dunnes Torres Vino Sol. Its €9.50 a bottle and really good. If you spend certain amounts you get 20% off your next shop

• Registered Users Posts: 16,770 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Tesco Crozes Hermitage is reduced to €13 at the moment. But 6 this weekend and get a 25% reduction bringing it in at €9.75 per bottle.
    A very good wine for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Buddy97mm wrote: »

+1. Had a bottle last week ... really enjoyed it.

Advertisement