Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have I broken the conditions of Back to Education Allowance?

Options
  • 15-11-2014 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I am in receipt of BTEA but due to my an injury I have not been in college for two weeks now, although I have been catching up on my course through their uploads onto their website, should I have declared it to Social Welfare to let them know I wasn't in college? I'm going back on Monday and have medical documents to prove my injury. But I'm worried my BTEA will be stopped now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

The college can be asked by the DSP from time to time to confirm that you are attending your full time course. As you have documentation to prove your injury etc., and have kept up with your studies, this two week absence is unlikely to have any ramifications at all. To cover yourself, keep a copy of your medical documentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Sam Harts

Balagan wrote: »
    The college can be asked by the DSP from time to time to confirm that you are attending your full time course. As you have documentation to prove your injury etc., and have kept up with your studies, this two week absence is unlikely to have any ramifications at all. To cover yourself, keep a copy of your medical documentation.

Thanks, just curious, but the college I am in don't take role calls so how would they be able to tell DSP?

Advertisement