Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Going to UK for van. Insurance?

Options
  • 14-11-2014 3:29pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of going to UK to purchase a van for work but is it possible I can change my own private insurance over for a day or two to cover me untill I'm back or will I need to take out a whole new policy?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Talk to your insurer. I have commercial insurance and I did this when buying a car and a van. Be sure to get a cover note if it comes off. If you get spotted by the ANPR over there, they will pull you and you will need proof of cover.

My insurer was FBD and they WERE sound doing it, but their service level has collapsed now, I have a new rep and useless is not the word. Taking couple of grand of business away from them now :mad:

Advertisement