Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kingdom

Options
  • 14-11-2014 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Just finished episode 4. Said I would take a look as its MMA based but its an excellent drama about a group of people with a lot of issues!
    Frank Grillo is good as usual and Matt Lauria from FNL is there. Jonathan Tucker (Black Donnellys) is the star of the show for me though.
    Its just been green lit for a total of 30 episodes (3 seasons of 10 each).
    If you have a passing interest in MMA its a must watch and I recommend to others interested in solid dramas as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Great show and great soundtrack, I find myself shazaming a song at least once every episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Just watched Episode 1 and am very impressed.

I see Matt Lauria from Friday Night Lights is in it and I recognised the lead actor as the sergeant from End of Watch.

Cracking soundtrack and some good storylines. Thumbs up

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Really enjoying this show, am three episodes in and I have zero interest in MMA. Good to see we have an Irish character too
    tho maybe not as he is a scummy pimp who I hope is going to get his ass whipped by one or other brother or father

Just finished season 2 of this, it didn't disappoint, just keeps getting better, Jay is my hero. Highly recommend this, only pity is 10 episodes but it leaves the user wanting more

Turns out there were a second set of 10 episodes in s2 and it just gets better and better, cannot wait for s3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Only discovered this recently
    LOVE IT! Binge watching it and am praying a Season 3 is on the horizon.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

I literally just discovered this show,Jesus its excellent.The acting is some of the best I've seen.The pace of the show is great,really moves along fast.I think jay is an excellent character but honestly nick Jonas is stealing the show with the very low key way he's playing Nate.The women characters are excellent too.I've binged first 10 episodes in 4 days.How this show is flying under the radar almost unseen is crazy,its not produced by any of the big channels so it doesn't get the high profile advertising I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,989 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I was only watching "Dana White: Looking for a fight" last week and their was an episode with the cast on this, I like Grillo so I said I'd check out an episode last night.

Absolutely brilliant so far, binged the first 4 episodes last night. I find a lot of dramas can be slow burners but this got right in there. Likeable interesting characters and you don't have to have any interest in MMA to like this.

I just started s3 and see that it is the last,damn shame,I really like this show

I just started s3 and see that it is the last,damn shame,I really like this show

finished last night, gunna watch it later. Gutted unreal show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Pinkman

Easily the most under-rated show on TV. I don't know anyone who watches it and as far as I know it's not even on TV over here.

The finale was one of the best hours of TV I've seen in years. Incredible acting.

Pinkman wrote: »
    Easily the most under-rated show on TV. I don't know anyone who watches it and as far as I know it's not even on TV over here.

The finale was one of the best hours of TV I've seen in years. Incredible acting.

Just with Virgin I think.rte might buy it and show it at 3am

Incredible last 2 episodes. out of about 50 people in my mma gym one other person watches, gives you an idea of how underrated it is.

Top class acting across the board, gripping storylines throughout. It's right up there with some of my favourite ever shows. It would of probably suffered if it was on a more mainstream network to be honest, would have taken away from the no holds barred style.

Such a shame it's over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I haven't watched the finale of S3 yet but it is an incredibly good show with really phenomenal performances from the main cast. I only started watching it about two months ago - only 3 seasons, but the second at least has 20 episodes, so it has the content of 4 seasons compared to most.

All good things come to an end but I could easily have gone for several more seasons of this! No-one I know has even heard about it when the topic of TV shows comes up.

Brilliant , just finished the last episode there now. Hope Frank Grillo gets some kind of recognition for his work here, absolutely stellar performance as Alvie. I am really gonna miss this show :(

Wtf, I had NO idea this was an early finish. Unbelievable with the quality this show brought, way better than loads of garbage shows around, grrrrrr:

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/08/kingdom-series-finale-ending-season-3-cancelled-1201860966/

Does the 'finale' work as a finale? To those who've seen it, without spoilers?

Nothing worse than a show being pulled mid season, usually means an abrupt end with zero resolution for anyone or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

Nothing worse than a show being pulled mid season, usually means an abrupt end with zero resolution for anyone or anything.
    its works alright
    I found season 3 a but rushed but v good all the same

It's definitely left open for a comeback although I think they developed the characters as much as they could especially Alvi.

The big storyline of the entire series comes to head in the penultimate episode. The last episode just deals with the aftermath of that and Alvi's last fight. It's incredibly sad though.

Considering the pressure they were under, and the link I quoted above confirming it was not the ending of their choice, I think they did "ok". For me there were too many unresolved avenues, but all in all I think they did the best they could.
    Really sucks tho --would love to have had the chance to see the ending they actually wanted to make :(

• Advertisement

Just watched it last night and it was excellent - it works very well as a finale, though there are a few niggling threads that you'd like to see more of, there is a good sense of closure for the entire show which is incredible considering when the script was turned in, the writer didn't know it was going to be the last episode. ~

Great stuff. A show I'm sad to let go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,983 ✭✭✭Unearthly

This is now on Netflix globally and seems to be getting a new following. Cast did a reunion zoom call and they seem to be all well up for another season.

I only watched it for 1st time on Netflix. Brilliant show.

Amazing drama, I always said if it was on another network it would of got much more acclaim and further seasons. Most people never even heard of it, I only heard of it as I was watching "Dana White is looking for a fight" and they went and visited the set of the gym and the cast. White was waxing lyrical that it was the most realistic portrayal of the MMA world so I said I'd give it a go. Grillo was good in Warrior as the MMA coach so it peaked my interest.

If there is enough interest I couldn't definitely see Netflix green lighting a 4th season.

Advertisement