Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT and Spare Wheel

Options
  • 14-11-2014 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭

My 2010 A4 TDI is due for NCT now. The car which is a low emissions model left the factory without a spare wheel and has this filler compound that is pumped into the tyre in the event of a puncture.
    I presume that the testers are ware of this with particular makes of cars?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RootX

Even if your car came with a spare wheel and you removed prior to the NCT appointment, there wouldn't be an issue.

Only if a spare wheel is present it gets checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

RootX wrote: »
    Even if your car came with a spare wheel and you removed prior to the NCT appointment, there wouldn't be an issue.

Only if a spare wheel is present it gets checked.

+1 on this! If u don't have a spare they can't check it!
    No need to worry

• Registered Users Posts: 51,186 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Spare wheel is only checked if it is present. Spare wheel however is not a requirement for the NCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭Moanin

Thanks to all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭Moanin

This car also has to oil dipstick. The oil level is read from the mmi in the cars cabin. How do the testers read the engine oil level on this car?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,186 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The same way I'd imagine.

Advertisement