Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

*** Match Thread*** Tuesday 18th Nov Vs Full Irish 8pm Colmcilles

• 14-11-2014 11:19am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A good performance with a lot of positives last week. This will be a much tougher test despite what the table says.

Need to make sure we are up for the physicality that this game is sure to bring.

Cathal - In
    Ciaran -
    Damo - In
    Darren -
    Derek -
    Derek McL - In
    Ed -
    Jules - out
    Keith - In
    SteK - In
    SteMcd - Out
    Dave -
    Calvin - In
    Kieran - In

Al - In
    Dave O'toole -
    Kenny -
    Jack -

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

best_animated_images_car_jump_in.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭SteMcD1

still out injured

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Cathal - In
    Ciaran - Out
    Damo - In
    Darren - In
    Derek -
    Derek McL - In
    Ed - In
    Jules - out
    Keith - In
    SteK - In
    SteMcd - Out
    Dave -
    Calvin - In
    Kieran - In

Al - In
    Dave O'toole -
    Kenny - In
    Jack - Out

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Well fcuk that.

All credit to the Irish, they scored a cracking break away goal which was perfectly placed.

Their second goal was ridiculous, foul and shot off, you do not pull the play back when the shot has been taken.

Their keeper kept the ball out a lot and was a real asset.

Fair play to you Derek, you put in a great shift up there.

Keep the comments about the ref clean lads, it's more than frustrating I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Unreal.
    I'm not sure we coulda done anything that much better. We did the right thing - we gave Derek plenty of service but he just got taken out of it repeatedly. I don't wanna say anything about Irish as they can be happy with their 3 points and good luck to them but at a certain point it was clear they could do what they wanted to Derek and get away with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

We can moan all we want at the ref, he was shocking but let's be realistic here lads. We went in at the break 1 down to TEN men.

They played 4 in defense who never broker their shape and not one of them ventured past the hallway line with another 4 close to them in the middle we had all the ball but on a pitch that size with so little space it's hard to do duck all, we did have some chances.

They were physical but we know this from the friendly, it's their game. They had two chances and took them.

I spoke to the ref after the game and explained the advantage and offside rule and acknowledged he got them wrong and would improve next time. To be fair it's not many refs that have the balls to admit their faults so fair play to him for that.

I thought we played significantly better against 11 as they came out and played a bit and it opened up more space. I don't think we deserves to lose that game but duck it that's life.

Well played to all some really good performances.

Damo as usual bombing up
    Calvin working his bullocks off tirelessly
    Derek winning plenty of frees and should have had a pen

Keep chugging away it will come right.

by the way Is it just me or is it actually SHOCKINGLY dark up there ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

We can moan all we want at the ref, he was shocking but let's be realistic here lads. We went in at the break 1 down to TEN men.

They played 4 in defense who never broker their shape and not one of them ventured past the hallway line with another 4 close to them in the middle we had all the ball but on a pitch that size with so little space it's hard to do duck all, we did have some chances.

They were physical but we know this from the friendly, it's their game. They had two chances and took them.

I spoke to the ref after the game and explained the advantage and offside rule and acknowledged he got them wrong and would improve next time. To be fair it's not many refs that have the balls to admit their faults so fair play to him for that.

I thought we played significantly better against 11 as they came out and played a bit and it opened up more space. I don't think we deserves to lose that game but duck it that's life.

Well played to all some really good performances.

Damo as usual bombing up
    Calvin working his bullocks off tirelessly
    Derek winning plenty of frees and should have had a pen

Keep chugging away it will come right.

by the way Is it just me or is it actually SHOCKINGLY dark up there ?
    ye i find that myself, for example in the first half i took the ball down onto my knee and tried to play you down the line id normally use my peripheral vision to see where to play it but in this instance i couldnt see ya because we were under the light a bit so just over cooked the pass ;/

they were a very dirty team like i dno how they thought some of those challenges were me diving when they were wildly swinging at me, also ill never know how that challenge in the first half outside on the side of the box was a corner and not a free id skint him and was through in why would i go down???

the cross from damo earlier id have gotten to that had the whistle not blown for offside even though i begun the run outside the box keaner can attest to that.

was an unfortunate mistake by kenny but im sure heel learn from it and do things dif from now on.

either way thats 3 very bad defeats weve taken, dargle dell and tfi are teams we should be beating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

as poor and all as the ref was (and he was shocking to be fair) ultimately for the amount of possession we had, we didnt just play well enough to deserve 3 points.

they had 3 great chances, 2 scored 1 saved,
    we had 3 great chances, one scored, one saved, one put over

so in that respect our return on possession was quite poor. something just isnt right though we had 5 new lads on the team who are only after joining us and 4 of them were in the final 3rd. its not an excuse, it just will take time for lads to settle in.

their winning goal is something ive never seen before, a lad got through on goal, nobody around him, put it wide and then a free kick given on edge of the box, for a foul that had taken place about 5 seconds before that.

it pretty much was the only way the ref wouldnt have given the free kick was if he scored and it was bizzare. its the worst use of the advantage rule that ive ever seen, something he then failed to do several times later when our lads were fouled and he didnt bring back the foul. they should have had at least 2 yellows, we could/should have had 2 penalties and i reckon there was another 8 or 9 decisions that went against us.

thats a 2-1 loss and a 1-0 loss in space of 3 games - youd expect us to be winning those games 4-2 or 3-1.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Keep the comments about the ref clean lads, it's more than frustrating I know.

I will try to stay clean and independent, so... that game was irrevocably affected by the referee. Boards didn't play well at the start with the man advantage, but the player who scored the first goal should not have been on the pitch. I was standing no more than a metre from the 'hop ball' incident - you're not allowed to kick out like that. It wasn't even a question of a freekick, it was a question of yellow or red card.

The offside he gave late on was impossible to tell from his angle, but he called it. The freekick he gave for advantage was pushing it at best. The elbow in the back in the first half was impossible for him to see, but he gave it. The handball claim in the second half was impossible to see, but he gave it.

All of those he decided one or another, the one he didn't (the hop ball) or backed away from deciding - the one that was clearest to see - had the largest effect on the match.

Advertisement