Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

06 vw passat garage emissions light

Options
  • 14-11-2014 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I got an 06 vw passat 1.9tdi 175k on the clock an orange light came On a week ago saying garage emissions .scanned and got code p0404 egr flow insufficient.so last night took egr apart and cleaned her up spotless like new put back reset codes .and yet again this morning light comes back on .has any one any ideas is my egr gone or is there any thing else i can check .would it be worth changing dpf sensor saw that mentioned on a vw forum ..advice welcomed thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

It will need an EGR valve. The diaphragm in the actuator part splits so the EGR can't open, hence the fault code. They are around €110 ex VAT from VW.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 realchewytiger

It will need an EGR valve. The diaphragm in the actuator part splits so the EGR can't open, hence the fault code. They are around €110 ex VAT from VW.

Is best to put in a genuine Vw egr when replacing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

That's what we use in them anyway, I'm not even sure if they are available elsewhere tbh.

Advertisement