Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stove Fuel

Options
  • 14-11-2014 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi all.
    Could anyone please recommend somewhere in the city or country to buy firewood, kindling or briquettes?
    We just had a multi fuel stove fitted and I honestly don't know if briquettes,firewood or smokeless coal is the way to go?
    Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭blindsider

You should ideally burn a mixture of briquettes or smokeless and dried firewood.

There are decent offers on briquettes if you shop around. E.g. Tesco Wilton 2 bales @ €8 seems reasonable.

You will prob burn more wood 70% (?). Ideally you would buy a load of good firewood e.g. ash and store it for a year to let it dry. It should burn well after 1 yrs storage.

There are several places to buy firewood - check small ads in free papers as a start, or ask friends etc for a recommendation.

Cork Builders sell pallets of kiln dried wood - cbp.ie - worth checking. (You can burn this immediately)

also http://www.discountfuels.ie/ - by Gt Gas Kinsale Rd

Aldi sell firelogs - 10 for €8 - seems like a good deal but I haven't used them myself.

BTW - what stove did you buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Maclock

BTW - what stove did you buy?[/quote]

A Firewarm 6 kw.
    I just went along with what my friend, who fitted the stove, suggested.
    I don't know if they're good or bad as there are a few for and against posts on boards.

I'm looking to buy small amounts of fuel at first as I'm hopefully getting a new bigger shed and will have the room to store it in there then.

Advertisement