Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Small car big boot?

Options
  • 13-11-2014 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to find a small car with a boot big enough for golf clubs and trolley to live in covered up. Also should have cheap motor tax and low running costs. Annual mileage c.10K. I've already discovered that Kia Rio and Hyundai i20 boots are too small.

Budget and age depends on trade in which will be c. 8k+8 cash. Prefer to buy a 141/2 car if possible.

Ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,401 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What is a Skoda Octavia

o-JEOPARDY-DWIGHT-HOWARD-facebook.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

My VW golf has never let me down. Decent enough boot and back seats fold down very easily too.
    (When we were building our house there was nothing I went to collect that couldn't fit in the back of the golf.)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Registered Users Posts: 6,270 ✭✭✭alias no.9

heldel00 wrote: »
    My VW golf has never let me down. Decent enough boot and back seats fold down very easily too.
    (When we were building our house there was nothing I went to collect that couldn't fit in the back of the golf.)

I'm guessing the 8'x4' sheets of plasterboard were delivered then.

Seriously Op, you'll probably just have to go out and try a bunch of cars. Some cars have massive wheel arch intrusion into the bootspace and will kill the possibility of getting the clubs in. Could something as simple as taking the woods out and putting them into the boot separately to the bag with the rest of the clubs increase your options?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭Comhrá

VW Jetta has a big boot I had two of them, I play golf too and the Jetta was more than adequate for the job.

Volkswagen-Jetta-26.jpg

2011-volkswagen-jetta-sedan-4-door-auto-s-trunk_100329675_l.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

My '07 Ford Focus comfortably fits my golf bag and trolley in the boot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Breffnigolfer

Hard to see the Irish obsession with boots. Why buy a car with limited storage space when, for the same money, you can get a much more versatile vehicle in the form of a hatchback or wagon.

A Golf is not a suitable suggestion if you have to fold down thge rear seats to accommodate what you are carrying, leaving it all on view for the opportunistic thief.

OP, look at a SKODA Rapid estate also. Skoda has the best value range of cars on the road. The Hyundai i40 is another fine car.

Advertisement