Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home economics in the west cork area

Options
  • 13-11-2014 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

In ty hoping to do homec outside of school is there anywhere in cork i can do this? If anyone knows tell me the school its offered in or whatever ?! Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 HomeEc_teacher

Have you tried local grind schools?
    Why can't you do it in school?
    Bear in mind, you'll need the external teacher to sign off on your coursework. You'll also need to make sure you are registered for the home ec exam in your regular school even though you may be studying it elsewhere. Come the leaving cert you'll sit the written paper in your school so hence your coursework will need to be submitted with that from the school. Hope you can follow that.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Conaaaa

None i can find ! My school only offers 7 subjects and i need an extra one i wqnt to take it up out of school!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 HomeEc_teacher

I'm not familiar with west cork area so can't advise much further than to look for a grind school. Or approach a home economics teacher locally - either in your school or another local school if it's not offered in your school.
    Either way if there's no home ec class being run in your school be sure to get onto the exam secretary in your school to ensure you're registered for the exam. Coursework is submitted early November of leaving cert year so it needs to be well sorted by your return that sept.

Advertisement