Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying the Beer directly from the Supplier

Options
  • 13-11-2014 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey,

Running a small mini-pub, and the only one in it is me, but the question is, how may I order a certain brand of beer directly from the supplier?.
    - Of course, I know I will have to buy it in bulk.
    - Yes, it may be expensive because I must buy so much , BUT I really like the Belgium beer, and the monk beer.And in the long run I would save a lot of money and be able to drink much more .

any idea please?.
    thanks.

also, one other thing.
    the shops of course sell most products through the nose, AND YOU MAY say oh but you must buy it in bulk so there's no point of buying it directly from the supplier. well guess what?. if there's a certain product you like, and its over priced, and you keep buying it because its such a good beer or certain product, then you might as well buy it directly from the supplier.

the shops don't buy that much in bulk depending on the product. so like yeah.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

When you spoke to the supplier you want to buy from, what did they say?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,336 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

flowerguy wrote: »
    And in the long run I would save a lot of money and be able to drink much more .

You have a home bar and want to buy as much beer as you can at the lowest price possible. Do you have an alert system in place in case your friends don't hear from you for a few days?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭squonk

TBH OP your post comes across as a little worrying. I love GBB's Buried At Sea. It'd be my go to beer to kick a night off if I had a choice. I also like Leann Follain and a few bottles of either knocking around the house does me quite well. I honestly don't know what I'd do with a keg, or kegs of BAS or LF. Kegs have to be drank pretty quickly and, in Guinness terms, a keg is 90 pints. There are much more knowledgeable folks on here besides myself but AFAIK a keg has to be used within 1-2 weeks to keep it fresh. That's about 180 pints a month or roughly 6 pints a day. Belgian trappist beer isn't exactly low ABV either. I'd maybe get onto another hobby for a while for the sake of your health OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

A keg lasts a lot longer than 1-2 weeks, well it certainly does if the alcohol is pasteurized. More than 3 months typically, and doesn't even need to be kept refrigerated, allowing you to use an under shelf chiller.

Anyway a keg is more expensive than buying bottles or cans of beer. I have contacted several wholesalers, cash and carries and even had a friend who owns a pub price me up kegs of the generic beers found in pubs such as Heineken, Guinness, Harp, Carlsberg etc. All can be bought for quite a lot less from Tesco. Then you dont have the hassle of cleaning lines and being stuck with the same beer.

Having said all of that, I have a home bar and I have all of the equipment for running kegs and yet I have still not actually bought a keg simply because I cannot find someone to supply me Leffe or Hoegaarden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

I cannot find someone to supply me Leffe or Hoegaarden.
    Search Google for belgianbeerfactorydotcom they stock 6L kegs of Hoegaarden & Leffe

• Advertisement
Advertisement