Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opensource .NET

Options
  • 13-11-2014 6:41pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So what does everyone think of Microsofts move to open source .NET Technologies. Embracing Open Source or PR stunt? .NET Foundation

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I'm seeing a lot of "open source technologies for .net" and not a lot of "open source .net" at that link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

I think they are hoping to "open source" it while keepings things under control. Something like GPL licence, but no fork allowed :-) Same for VisualStudio (that's the name of that thing?) - free for all [*].

[*] Except when you're a corporation or something.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I posted the above link just as a reference. I'm surprised that Mono Develop didn't get an honorable mention, as it allows a developer to develop C# apps to Linux and wouldn't / shouldn't be all that difficult to extend it to .NET.

Advertisement