Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

WTF interactions with people while driving

Options
  • 13-11-2014 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭

Driving home yesterday, was behind a car, Belgian reg.

Initially I thought they were drunk as they were weaving slightly and then correcting very late.

Their indicator was on for around 2 kilometers, so at the lights I was in the lane next to them to go straight.

Saw a woman staring straight ahead.

Wave at her .. no response.

Open passenger window, bip horn.

She opens her window.

I say .. your indicators are on for a good while.

She says "moment moment" (turns out she was talking on her phone) .. leans out the window in a big thick french accent "MUTHERF*CKER .. I AM ON THE PHONE .. YOU HAVE PROBLEM? !"

I then tell her she has her indicator on for the last 15 minutes.

She says "I LIKE IT THAT WAY F*CKER. MIND YOUR BUSINESS"

I drove off and she went back to her call.

I actually enjoy these crazy people, the entertainment is great.

Whats the craziest most irrational person you've met on the road ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Met this MOTHERF*CKER yesterday on my way home giving me grief over my indicator.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 reetz

Maybe not crazy but a weird one i had.

Driving back on the N11 back when it was snowing.

Stuck in traffic for hours. Get down to foxrock church and see a man standing in the middle of the road. I wonder hmmmmmm whats up with this guy.

Anyway drive down a bit and i have my widow open. Drive right beside him and he has his back turned to me. I ask you alright????

He turns around, dick in hand and pissing on my car saying, JUST COULDN'T HOLD IT.

Apart from pissing on my motor vehicle it was quite funny.

He was obviously in traffic for hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 reetz

Maybe not crazy but a weird one i had.

Driving back on the N11 back when it was snowing.

Stuck in traffic for hours. Get down to foxrock church and see a man standing in the middle of the road. I wonder hmmmmmm whats up with this guy.

Anyway drive down a bit and i have my window open. Drive right beside him and he has his back turned to me. I ask you alright????

He turns around, dick in hand and pissing on my car saying, JUST COULDN'T HOLD IT.

Apart from pissing on my motor vehicle it was quite funny.

He was obviously in traffic for hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

Was driving along the N11 southbound towards Foxrock Church about a month ago, and noticed that there was something small moving around on the shelf (hatchback) in the car in front of me. Pull up at the lights and see that it's a cat just sitting on the shelf, not a care in the world. The driver jumped off on the green light and sped down the road, all the while the cat completely not bothered about it. Cat then decides that it's had enough of the rear shelf, and climbs onto the drivers left shoulder; as she's driving; and continues just sitting there until I turned off at Shankill. Very peculiar sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

I had a near miss with a guy in a citroen, at a traffic light junction my lights went green, I was turning left and he was opposite me turning right, but he usually needs to wait for the filter as the road I was on is busy,
    I indicate and as I'm turning left he turns and heads at me, I beeped at him then as I was waiting to turn into a shopping centre he pulls up in the lane next to me I ask him what the hell he was doing? He said "you are supposed to yield to traffic from your right" I said your supposed to be waiting for the filter you clown and he just drove off!
    It really pissed me off he must nearly cause crashes every day following yiel to the right at every junction:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,434 ✭✭✭✭Alun

In the Netherlands once, I saw a car being driven by someone steering with his knees, stereo blaring, and bashing out a drum solo on the steering wheel with a pair of drum sticks. Luckily it was relatively slow moving traffic in a bit of a traffic jam on a motorway, but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Initially I thought they were drunk as they were weaving slightly and then correcting very late.

Their indicator was on for around 2 kilometers, so at the lights I was in the lane next to them to go straight.

She opens her window.

She says "moment moment" (turns out she was talking on her phone) .. leans out the window in a big thick french accent "MUTHERF*CKER .. I AM ON THE PHONE .. YOU HAVE PROBLEM? !"

This was in Holland yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

ION08 wrote: »
    This was in Holland yeah?

Roermond, just crossed the German border

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Roermond, just crossed the German border

From what i've heard, french and italian drivers are the most aggressive from the continent!

ION08 wrote: »
    From what i've heard, french and italian drivers are the most aggressive from the continent!

I would guess from her accent she was from Brittany :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Volvoair

She opens her window.

try giving a lecture like that in any part of the USA,and you will 50/50 chance you will get shot for your trouble.

Volvoair wrote: »
    try giving a lecture like that in any part of the USA,and you will 50/50 chance you will get shot for your trouble.

How is that a lecture, I just said "Your indicator is on" :pac:

Also really depends on what part of the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

The US of A like the auld guns tho.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Volvoair wrote: »

In fairness you'll also get shot in the cinema for telling somebody to stop texting during a movie,

Hell, you'll also get shot for holding a candy bar in the USA so its hardly a good example of a country :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Driving around Warsaw you see some mad drivers nearly every day.
    A while ago I was driving at around 9pm and there is a Renault in front of me with no lights on at all.
    There are pedestrian crossings on the road I was on so I tried to get her attention so that she'd realise her mistake.
    Pulled up next to her, she's oblivious to me.
    Pulled in front of her and started flashing the rear fog light. Again no reaction.
    Pulled into the far left lane and waited for her to get along side and started beeping the horn.
    Finally she noticed me and I showed the lights signal, she gave me a blast of the middle finger and turned off the road still with no lights on.
    Muppet.

Advertisement