Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How to Set up Multi-Viewing for a Bar(6 TVs)

Options
  • 13-11-2014 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

I´m in the process of having a bar renovated and we will be adding more TV´s possibly up-to 6 TVs where we will be able to show various Sports simultaneously.

I will have input from SKY Satellite System, BeIN Sports Satelite, IPTV and possibly Terrestrial TV.

What I hope to achieve is to be able to transmit the signal from any of these sources to any(or Multiple) of the TV´s while also been able to show up to 4 different games/Sports together

What do I need to achieve this, Is there a program I can use on a Laptop or do I need a modulator?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

A multiplexer normally would be required with a box hooked up to transmit each channel so a box per channel being broadcast would be needed. There are other ways to achieve multiroom for low cost but in that you are public facing it all has to be above board.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭MHI

Mayotom

What you need is the following product, HDanywhere mhub 2k or 4k (if you want to future proof for UHD) 4x4 Matrix.

This will allow you to connect 4 HDMI Sources to the Matrix (Sky HD, Etc) and distribute these sources to any 4 HD Displays (you can switch between which source you want displayed on each TV having all the same or each one different), wiring is run over cat5e cable to each TV, also the mhub has Mirrored HDMI Outputs meaning you can run a HDMI Cable from each output to a local TV direct giving 8 Displays (remember when mirroring the HDMI output will show the same display as they output over cat5e).

Hope this helps.

Advertisement