Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mercedes wheel alignment - query

Options
  • 13-11-2014 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭

I have a 2008 W204 C220

Pulling to the left a little (was perfect when I bought 10 months ago). Just fitted new tyres so want to have wheel alignment sorted.

Rang a reputable garage here in Galway (Galway car service centre, Doughiska) as I know some of the lads there. The guy on the phone said that the Mercs can be an issue as there are special bolts that are dealer only which are required for certain adjustments.

My friend said it wasn't much of an issue as it's probably only toe in/out that needs to be adjusted rather than camber. BUT, I want it to be 100% in every regard and not a "ah sure it'll be grand it's close enough"

I went Googling and forums seem to support what the guy said on the phone, with lots of people saying bring to main dealer.

Now, I don't mind forking out for main dealer if it's done right, but the Merc dealer in Galway doesn't have the best reputation.

Can anyone shed any light on this? OR, recommend somewhere in the west (don't mind going as far as Athlone for a proper job) that can do this job properly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭RR3.5

Had the same problem with a w211. Brought the car to a tyre company in Athlone , I cannot think of their name it maybe Walsh. They are beside Ganleys. Bought the bolts in Michael Moore which as it turned out I did not need them as they were already fitted. MM took them back for a full refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Thanks for the info. Don't suppose you know how I'd identify if I have them fitted? Got a part no for them??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,203 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Saucy enough price at Mercedes.
    I think a friend told me he paid €130.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭RR3.5

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. Don't suppose you know how I'd identify if I have them fitted? Got a part no for them??

Sorry no part no. The garage knew by just looking at them that they had been changed, they may be a smaller dia. I think they were about €70.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I'd love to know if there's a way of knowing if they're fitted to my car... Will get googling

• Advertisement
Advertisement