Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barbers in Carlow

Options
  • 13-11-2014 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I know there has been a few threads on this in the past but as these are quiet old I thought I would open a new one.
    Does anybody have any recommendations on a good barber in town who will actually listen to what way you want to have your hair cut.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

Yaz, the Turkish barber. He use to work in man time at l&n but is now beside deans on barrack street. I take the boys there & find him good. My brother would have gone to him too & always found him good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

I always go to 'paddy the turk' in Tullow St.

Fine for a 12 quid short all over short cut.

Depends on what your'e looking for OP.

I'm in my mid '40's now & am growing my hair.

Gettin' back to the '80's!:eek:

Trying to get it cut & 'style' it as it grows.

I'll keep yis all posted as to how this kind of behaviour can be tolerated in Carlow.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Thanks for the replies
    denis160 wrote: »
    Yaz, the Turkish barber. He use to work in man time at l&n but is now beside deans on barrack street. I take the boys there & find him good. My brother would have gone to him too & always found him good.

I used to go to mantime a few years back so will have a look for him and give him a try.
    I always go to 'paddy the turk' in Tullow St.
    Fine for a 12 quid short all over short cut.
    Depends on what your'e looking for OP.
    I'm in my mid '40's now & am growing my hair.
    Gettin' back to the '80's!:eek:
    Trying to get it cut & 'style' it as it grows.
    I'll keep yis all posted as to how this kind of behaviour can be tolerated in Carlow.:D

Just want somebody that will listen to the way I want my hair cut and not ignore it and do whatever they think is right with it.. After mantime I used Paddy the Turk on Tullow st but unfortunately he sold up and is no owned by a new guy who is not near as good as Paddy was.

I had used Barbering by V for the last year or so but that is now closed for the foreseeable due to tragic circumstances.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

I was just going to mention Paddy The Turk. Grand job, will listen to what you want and not expensive at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Paddy used to live in my estate!

I believe he lives in Australia now!

I always go to Scissors... That's a hairdresser but hey... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Just to try put some additional comments on this, I have since got my hair cut in MR Snips on Barrack St and it was pretty good and the guy there listened to what I wanted and cut it accordingly. Overall was good service even if a little on slow side, I have although heard that sometimes there can be big queues to get a cut there.

I have also heard that V's on Tullow St has reopened again with some of the girls that were working there before remaining on and will be open for the foreseeable so will be heading back there for next trim..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

There is loads of barbers in carlow but most I find aren't that great. The fella beside deans is ok is was in Saturday the cut was ok but it was a bit rushed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Annmarie Lawler & Tara Sheehan barbers shop opposite Reddy's is a good place. I always ask for Annie (not Annmarie, but the other Annie).

Advertisement