Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giant monsters!

Options
  • 12-11-2014 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭

I'm on a giant monster movie kick. I'm wondering, are there any DVD boxsets I can buy with a focus on giant monsters? I already own all the Godzilla and Gamera movies. I want an American movie boxset, mostly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Would seeing an octopus get a shark in a headlock and punch it, amuse you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWlANrpZysY

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brevity

If you don't mind shaky cam Cloverfield could be an option.

I know you said American but I'd give the South Korean movie The Host a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

I own the host. Also, I want to steer clear of The Asylum. The only good movie they've made is Ghost Shark.

Like I asked, are there any boxsets available? A lot of these movies must be in the public domain, so putting together a compilation of them should be easy enough for a company like Millcreek or who ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

The only good movie they've made is Ghost Shark.

Indeed Sir, a true master piece.

Have you seen either Q:The winged serpent or Alligator? Both are from the early '80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

again not American but Troll Hunter is good and due an American remake
    Tremors and The Mist are also excellent

have a look through this list as well

• Advertisement
Advertisement