Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First family confirmed

Options
  • 12-11-2014 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

First of all thanks everyone for your help with this. I got the certs back today, six of them. Michael McCarthy's first wife was Mary and not Maria. They were married in 1871, they had twins in 1874. Bridget was born at 5 pm. and Mary was born 5.15 pm. Bridget died when she was three months old. Margaret was born in 1875. Her mother died in 1877, she was 31, she died of bronchitis that she had for seven days. Mary's father was Jeremiah Regan. Michael married again to my great grandmother in 1880. It is a very sad story for Michael's first marriage, but when I was reading the certs it hit me that if Mary hadn't died there would have been a lot of us that wouldn't have been born, including myself. From the certs I found out Mary's parents couldn't write. There was a cross between their first and second names, and above and below it is says his and her mark.
    The area on the certs is a bit confusing. Registrar's District Kilmallock, Union Kilmallock, Registrar's District Charleville (Co Cork) in the counties Limerick and Cork. The address was Mount Russell, Ardpatrick. ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

This might be better moved to the end of the original thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057320037

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

I'd say that location is here - Mountrussell townland, Ballingaddy civil parish, not far from Ardpatrick village. All Co Limerick but very close to Co. Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Eve222

Yes Shane, that is it. Thank you for the map. I'm also looking for a place called Ballyvonine, it could be near Mount Russell or more into Co Cork. It could also be spelt differently now. I have searched for it but can't find it anywhere. It was the residence for Michael when he married the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

Eve222 wrote: »
    ...I'm also looking for a place called Ballyvonine, it could be near Mount Russell or more into Co Cork. It could also be spelt differently now. I have searched for it but can't find it anywhere. It was the residence for Michael when he married the first time.

could that be 'Ballyvoodane' townland ? also in Ballingaddy civil parish..

EDIT it's adjacent to Mountrussell, and to the north of it

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Eve222

Yes it could Shane, I'll check that out. THANK YOU.

• Advertisement
Advertisement