Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

A3 S line suspension

Options
  • 12-11-2014 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi. Have placed an order for a 1.4 TFSI and to cut a long story shot car is ordered with S line suspension. Have read negative comments and wanted to change to standard suspension. Dealer saying too late to change and that negative issues in the past have been addressed and better resale value with S line suspension. I do less than 10k kms per year and mostly city driving. Anyone any advice as to whether I should push it with dealer or go with S line suspension? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Remind Me Tomorrow

venividi wrote: »
    Hi. Have placed an order for a 1.4 TFSI and to cut a long story shot car is ordered with S line suspension. Have read negative comments and wanted to change to standard suspension. Dealer saying too late to change and that negative issues in the past have been addressed and better resale value with S line suspension. I do less than 10k kms per year and mostly city driving. Anyone any advice as to whether I should push it with dealer or go with S line suspension? Thanks
    Have you test driven it? I test drove s3 in the Audi centre in goatstown, might be worth your while seeing for yourself if they still have it (this was a month ago). I found the suspension stiff but not exactly jaw shattering. Yes you'll feel bumps more than usual but on the plus side its a very sporty setup to drive. Maybe more suited to the open road I would have thought though rather than city driving?

I do not agree it will be better resale value, but that's just my non expert opinion. Certainly if you are going to trade it I you will get the "nobody will buy stiff suspension" line and get battered on the trade in value.

Did you sign anything agreeing to stiff suspension?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 venividi

Thanks. Not in Dublin. No demo available previously but will try again Haven't signed anything yet. Still don't have the purchase order. Have paid deposit of 500 which was unwise without the order. You could be right on resale value. Dealer is obviously hoping that I stick with the current order

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Spark Plug

Push it with the dealer if the order has just been placed it should be possible to amend options before it is confirmed for production. As for the suspension I have mk7 Highline golf with the sport pack which includes sports suspension and yes you have to be more gentle going over speed bumps but the cornering and handling makes up for it. As other posters have said I think you should drive an s-line before making any decisions. I can see the dealers point re residual if he has an s-line traded in 3yrs time and its minus a sports suspension it might put some punters off

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Remind Me Tomorrow

Thanks. Not in Dublin. No demo available previously but will try again Haven't signed anything yet. Still don't have the purchase order. Have paid deposit of 500 which was unwise without the order. You could be right on resale value. Dealer is obviously hoping that I stick with the current order
    I would say if you haven't signed anything then this is his mistake and i wouldn't be getting pushed into taking something you're not comfortable with. Stiff suspension is a big deal. You might love it but you also might end up hating it, not a risk I'd be taking on a ~30k purchase.

Maybe talk to his boss. The mere request to talk to his boss might change his tune.

Worst case scenario you lose your 500 deposit. But, again not expert advice here, aren't deposits supposed to have no legal basis? Meaning nobody is allowed to keep your deposit. Citizens advice might advise you better here or that free legal advice crowd (sorry, can't remember their name). Especially as you have not signed anything I can't see how he can keep your deposit.

Cheers for advice. Ya was toying with bringing boss into it. Car is due for delivery week 2/3 in Jan. Am conscious that if I stick to my guns that I may not have new car until March/April which is a factor but obviously not most important. That's what I have been told anyway. Will check if demo is available for test drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Unless you are ordering it with very large rims I'd say you will be fine on city roads where they are generally in good condition.

Thanks for advice. Took a test drive today and liked it. Not as stiff as I had feared. Ride felt very good. Especially liked the cornering in it. Converted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Thanks for advice. Took a test drive today and liked it. Not as stiff as I had feared. Ride felt very good. Especially liked the cornering in it. Converted!

Not being a dick here but the general idea is to do this before you agree to purchase any car? Audi generally have 10-12 lead time from time of order to delivery and specifications lock down on the factory side a lot earlier than you might think.

All S Line models are equipped with audi drive select which has a setting that lets you adjust the suspension anyway. Car will still be 10mm lower on S Line suspension compared to normal anyway.

Advertisement