Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lumia 1020 Battery Woes

Options
  • 12-11-2014 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

I've had a Lumia 1020 for about a year - a great phone, no complaints whatsoever, until now:

I was on hols at the weekend, and plugged my 1020 into the charger when I got to the hotel, to top it up for some holiday snaps. It was at about 70% and went up to 95% when I plugged it out again.

Half an hour later, I took it out of my pocket and it was as dead as a doornail. No combination of button presses / phone resets had any effect.

Since then, it keeps thinking that it's got no charge whatsoever, and dying randomly, within either seconds, minutes, or hours of a charge, regardless of how long I've charged it up for first, and with no warning whatsoever.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas what's happened, or is the phone goosed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭mark_m360

Player 2 wrote: »
    I've had a Lumia 1020 for about a year - a great phone, no complaints whatsoever, until now:

I was on hols at the weekend, and plugged my 1020 into the charger when I got to the hotel, to top it up for some holiday snaps. It was at about 70% and went up to 95% when I plugged it out again.

Half an hour later, I took it out of my pocket and it was as dead as a doornail. No combination of button presses / phone resets had any effect.

Since then, it keeps thinking that it's got no charge whatsoever, and dying randomly, within either seconds, minutes, or hours of a charge, regardless of how long I've charged it up for first, and with no warning whatsoever.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas what's happened, or is the phone goosed?

I've had them intermittent issues over the last year as well. But once I updated to 8.1 it seemed to resolve a lot of the issues. I'm now on 8.1.1 and the battery is performing better now than it did when the phone was new.

Have you checked to see if there is any phone updated available?

Advertisement